Oslo is no more so fare away from Voss (about 4 days on the bike). North and south of Norway is so different, that I haven't seen the time moving on. But I spent finally more than 1.5 month in Norway and its time for me to change country. I want to see Sweden even if everybody tells me that it's a boring country (it should be like Finland... trees, road, trees): but if I remember well, I enjoyed Finland and I'm sure that I will like Sweeden too.
Of course I could stay one more month here in Norway and enjoy the fjords (I saw amazing pictures of Trollthunga and other rocks offering a crazy view on the landscape): but as I said, I want to see Sweeden and I am a little scared about the fjords: small roads, a lot of traffic and very touristic. And this part of Norway is also a nice place to hike (Trollthunga is about 8-10 hours) so I will maybe come back with good shoes and with the GR20Swissteam (if they are motivated to see this area of the world).
I decided to take a day off here close to Skiple. I am close to a river and on a ground not bigger than 20x10m. The road is very close, but the river is loud enough so I do not hear the traffic. So I spent my time today on being lazy! Just doing nothing except jumping in the fresh water, sleeping, eating, writing on my iPad (I was 2-3 days delayed) and finally have a look on my bike: TdS
- Between 30 and 32km/h (when I go down a hill), it is shaking me a little bit (I juste need to chose if I want to go faster or slower). Is there a bad balance of weight on my bike? Gido, the Swiss I met in Mehamne hasn't this problem with his own TdS.
- I am disappointed with the Shimano Deore LX gear system (I have too many problems)
- So if we exept the first problem, I am very happy with my TdS Fernweh... but next time (when I'll be rich) remember me to take the system developped by Rohloff!
What I had to fixe until now:
- Gears (Shimano Deore LX): I had to change the cable of the back gears in Skiple (N) after 13'500km.
- Back wheel: I need to change the tire in Voss: Schwalbe Marathon Plus which is about 13'500km old.
- Light (BM, lumotec, Oval senso plus): I have to change the halogen lamp in Voss after 13'500km (too many tunnels?)
- Gears (Shimano Deore LX): after the chain has brocken in , I had to replace the whol mechanic parts in Tromsø (N) (11'000km)
- Back wheel: 'Felgenbruch' (shinamo) just befor Namur (B). I had to change it in Bruxelles. (only 1'000km after the start).
- Brakes (Shimano LX, V-Barke): I changed the back brakes 2times and the front brakes 1time (yes, it's a quiet flat travel)
MERCI à Easycycle (Joseph et Jean-Louis) pour la petite formation express!