mardi 7 août 2012

5 August: Trondheim - Myrmoen

2966.7km in 166:26, (62*42'42"N, 11*48'39"E)
I had one objective today: going as far as possible to be as close as possible to Røros, a miner city I want to visit tomorrow during the day. The long and safe way between Trondheim and Røros is about 190km (the short distance offers much more traffic and is about 150km): I took the long way of course. Often when we have such objectives, it's A) easy to leave or B) impossible to leave. And today, it was a B day: my guests were so nice to me that I stood quite longer than expected and left at about 9 o'clock.
Today on the map, I saw that there is really a highway leading to Hell! If you leave Trondheim in direction of the east, you will see a highway and at the end of it, there is a city called Hell! I had to move to the east but decided to go around this place and went in direction of Selbustrand. On the way there I saw a small museum opening at 11 and it was 5 to 11. So I made a short stop (expecting getting some coffee). I met a wonderfull guardian who told me about the history of the place, who made fresh coffee and offered me cookies. I learned, that the museum was about mining (iron) and so I understood that the whole place around here is rich in natural resources (Røros is a miner town). It is not the best way to make 150km in one day: it was 12 o'clock and I was still fare fare fare away from my destination. The afternoon I had to cross and climb the mountains for hours until I met Rune or Runa (sorry) a biker from Norway crossing his own country. For the next time I convinced him to discover Varanger and Mehamn (I hope he'll enjoy it). We drove until late in the night... Yes, night, I needed to use the lamp of my bike! it's just unbelievable: I can smell the south again! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire