mardi 21 août 2012

17 August: Geilo - Brekka

481.2km in 29h46, (60*17'50"N, 9*13'55"E)
Well, we are two on the road again: we decided with Joeri to go in direction of Oslo together. We'll see how it will end: he wants to be in the main city of Norway tomorrow evening and I do not really want to go in such a big city. But on the other hand, it will bring me closer to Sweden in a quiet short time (I'm expecting being there next Monday).

We had to chose between the fast and flat road (road 7) with a lot of traffic or to take roads going up and down (with the inconvenient that we won't reach Oslo for Saturday evening). So we made a mix of both: in the beginning we took the road 7 and we left it in the late afternoon to find a nice place where we could sleep with not too much traffic.
Sans titre
You already know that Joeri comes from Belgium (the Flemish part), he's 28 and belongs to theses bikers which travels through the world (south America). He was also a competitor (so we ride quite fast: 20-30km/h) and when it's going up (what was it: 20km to go up 600m), he can easily wait 5 or 10 minutes until I reach him at the top. I see that my condition could be better and please recognize, dear reader, that I'm not a machine :-) Sans titre This evening I ate something typical Norwegian: Rømmergrøt (or something like that): it's a kind of warm consistent yoghurt or sour cream. The taste is very strange but interesting.

We found close to Brekka a wonderful place near a river: we made a small fire camp, we took a fresh bath in the river and we ate again (the Rømmergrøt didn't feed us). I put my bedroom on a big rock in the river... and hope that the small barrage I saw on the way will not break this evening.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire