samedi 21 juillet 2012

21 July: Trollvik - Kilpisjärvi

1055.9km in 58:29. Yes, I'm back in Finland... But just for one day.
Well today is a day I woke up early in the morning because I wanted to reach Kilipisjarvi for noon: so I could make a small hike to the boarder of Finland, Norway and Sweden... But I made too much coffee stop and short talks with other bikers that I reached the destination at about 17 o'clock: too late to make a hike and clean my clothes (I could wash at 8pm). Now I know what I will do tomorrow morning (I just need to wake up early enough).

About the people I met today, for once there was an English man who makes the whole round from home (no planes... Maybe he left his island by boat or train). As I said yesterday, it's very unusual to meet people who makes the long way, so we had a quite long talk about all and nothing (yes, we are one of thoses who have time and do not hurry to catch the plane on time). It was nice to talk with him: he showed that English is not so hard... When I say "less high" he answers "lower". Sometimes it's good to have someone showing you that you can make it much more easier...

About the coffees... I discovered that I could get some free coffees in the coop (a store with a low cost line called X-tra, like our Prix Garanti or MBudget). The only inconvenient is that there is no wifi to get emails... But at the same time I do not need to read emails everyday: finally I enjoy it! Ok, the coffee is not Nespresso but it's the same quality than anywhere else where it costs up to 20 NOK (about 3.20 CHF). And today, after that free coffee discovery, I found the expensivest coffee of Norway... 25 NOK. I was forced to drink one because the name of the place was: "Troll café" who can resist? Untitled (Troll Café)

Untitled (always wear a helmet!)

4 commentaires:

  1. Ow!
    Trollvik ! Génial ! bon, t'es plutôt en sécurité, t'es toujours au soleil. Mais Kilpisjärvi sonne mieu, j'adore ces noms finlandais, alors du coup: oliko sinulla ovo tänään?
    Tu va passer par Tromsø?
    a+
    leloukr

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Tromsø... Je crois que je vais opter pour la nature. Je verrai d'autres villes sur ma route.
    Ovo: pas encore!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Oui, oui, les noms sont tellement poëtiques. Mais difficile à trouver. Google Maps et souvent muet et ne trouve rien. Quant aux photos satellites: c'est tout simplement une catastrophe. Je crois qu'elles dates du moyen-âge. Heureusement j'ai trouvé une bonne carte sous:

    http://www.visitnorway.com/fr/VN/Map/

    avec beaucoup de détails. Profitez en, vous vous en sortirez mieux pour suivre l'itinéraire de Numa.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hello Numa. Ceci est un test.. juste pour voir si ça marche et si j'ai enfin compris comment déposer un commentaire. A bientôt. Guillaume

    RépondreSupprimer